Welcome Actuarial Outpost members! After a few week of the AO being down, and no information given to people, a couple actuaries decided to start a new forum. We have some other ideas mixed in here too, including practice exam software. We'll have to start somewhere, so please join and post away to drive further activity! Also, let us know if you want to help out in any way. Thanks!

Author Topic: General Question  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Actuaryguy65

• View Profile
General Question
« on: October 26, 2020, 08:42:06 PM »
Hello again guys for exam FM I had another general question regarding test day procedures and calculator usage.  I am not very proficient at using the BA II plus calculator but I know from reading online sources that this calculator should be used along with the TI Multiview.  I am not very far in the manual but I was wondering how much time can be saved using the BA II plus and if it is necessary I am on a strict budget also so would not want to spend a lot of extra money on calculators.  Any thoughts?

Offline Volva Yet

• View Profile
Re: General Question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 01:16:37 PM »
It's been a while, but I don't recall the BAII Plus costing much... or maybe it was. I used the TI-30XS for the prelims (and FSA). Great simple calculator.

Offline BlueCalculus

• View Profile
Re: General Question
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 02:50:10 PM »
I would recommend using both the BA-II plus and the TI-Multiview calculator for exam FM.  I know a lot of friend actuaries of mine who who used both calculators when prepping for the exam and they said it really helped them cut down their general time when solving annuity based calculations.  Good luck!